More than 3,750 medical camps in Kerala are established by the Central government to prevent outbreaks of disease. A statement has been issued by the Ministry of Health “while an outbreak of infectious disease is not reported, health reporters say that once the waters begin to go down, the environment will reduce the spread of epidemic diseases.”
Here are the donations that have been done by various celebrities for the Kerala Floods-
- Celebrities like Surya, Kamal Hassan donated Rs 25 Lakhs each.
- Rs 15 lakhs were contributed by the Tamil superstar Dhanush. Actress from South- Anupama Parameswaran contributed Rs 1 lakh.
- The Tamil actor Vijay Sethupathi contributed 25 lakh and the actress Rohini contributed Rs 2 lakhs for help fund.
- The young Telegu actors Allu Arjun, Prabhas, Vijay Devrakunda, and many others have also donated their efforts to the flood relief. The actor- Sidharth requested people to contribute to the Chief Minister Relief Fund by involving in #KeralaFloodRelief Challenge.
- Current reports said that the star Rajinikanth announced that Rs 15 lakhs will be donated by him, while the director Shankar has confirmed 10 lakhs for the victims of the floods in Kerala.
- Several Bollywood actors have also requested their supporters to donate funds to CM’s relief fund, including Sonali Bendre, who is fighting
metastatic cancer. Most Bollywood celebrities are going to Twitter to connect with their fans like Anushka Sharma, Bhumi Pednekar, and Abhishek Bachchan. The success of John Abraham latest film “Satyameva Jayate” was also canceled, and instead expressed a strong concern for the flood victims in Kerala. In the latest news, Bollywood actors Shahrukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan joined a group of celebrities to donate and request their supporters to help the state of Kerala.
- Shahrukh’s Foundation “Meer” contributed 21 lakh rupees for a relief work among the victims of the flood. Jacqueline promised to donate Rs 5 lakh for this flood relief program in the state of Kerala to humanitarian NGOs in India. She commented: “I am deeply hurt to see the destruction caused by the floods in the state of Kerala. My heart is with those who need it, and to help them, I decided to donate to the organization Habitat for the cause. “I’m glad you worked in response to disasters in Kerala. I appeal to all my friends and my fans and their peers from the Bollywood industry to come and help the flood relief.
- Priyadarshan and actor Akshay Kumar also handed over a cheque for the same. Chitrangada Singh requested people to help our citizens. Hrithik Roshan said:” Kerala is in a critical situation. Please help, let’s go ahead and do everything we can. I have donated and I ask all of you to do what you are capable of.” The donation is made by many other celebrities as well such as Karan Johar, Alia Bhatt, Shahid Kapoor, and Varun Dhawan.
People of India including various celebrities have joined hands together to help the God’s own city to fight this disaster and we are sure that soon the things will get as beautiful as they were earlier.